Apartments Near Harvard and MIT? Why Proto’s Location is Unbeatable
Proto’s brand-new apartments near Harvard, MIT, and public transportation—not to mention plenty of great restaurants, shops, and nightlife—are in an unbeatable location. Here’s why.
Minutes from Harvard and MIT. Steps from public transportation. A quick T-ride from Downtown Boston. Right in the heart of thriving Kendall Square.
That sums up the stellar location of Proto, where exclusive amenities (think outdoor terrace, music and video-game rooms, yoga-spin studio, fireside lounge) and cutting-edge apartments pioneer a new way of living.
Read on to learn more about this vibrant neighborhood.
Apartments Near Harvard – So Easy to Get There
Kendall Square is a popular spot for Harvard community members and easily accessible from the main Cambridge campus. Whether you choose to walk or ride a bike, you can get from Proto to Harvard in minutes (although cozy cafés may draw you in along the way). Good news: Proto offers bike maintenance and storage as well as access to discounted Blue Bikes rental.
Prefer public transit? You find the Kendall/MIT stop on the Red Line merely steps from Proto’s apartments near Harvard. Trains run every five to seven minutes, whisking you past Central to Harvard in less than 10 minutes.
Getting to MIT
Five minutes. That’s all the time it takes to walk from Proto in Kendall Square to the MIT main campus. The entire neighborhood just south of Kendall Square is dotted with MIT facilities, making Proto an ideal place to call home.
Getting to Downtown
Although Kendall Square and Cambridge are full of dining, shopping, and cultural destinations, living at Proto also puts you just minutes from the heart of Downtown Boston. Hop on the Red Line at the Kendall/MIT stop, and take it two stops to Park Street. Take a walk through Boston Common and Public Garden, and be sure to stop by the Frog Pond for ice skating during the winter months.
Kendall Square Destinations
Gourmet pizzas, craft beer, artisanal coffee, to-die-for pastries, top-rated fare — Proto’s apartments near Harvard are surrounded by the best of food.
Here are a few of our favorites.
- Meadhall: Sleek, spacious gastropub with an ample craft beer and mead selection.
- Cava Grill: Coming soon to Kendall Square, celebrated Cava brings Mediterranean flavors and a healthy, fast-casual atmosphere.
- Blue Bottle Café: With this “third-wave coffee” leader on the first floor of Proto, you always have high-quality, artisanal coffee within arm’s reach.
- Tatte Bakery & Café: Delicious flaky pastries, awe-inspiring tarts, and a Parisian feel — you get it all at Tatte.
- Catalyst: The season’s freshest local ingredients, “serious French techniques,” and an appreciation for fine details characterize this airy yet intimate restaurant.
- Area Four: Trendy café and bakery offering espresso and gourmet pizzas made from dough fermented for 30 hours. What more could you ask for?
Ready to come and take a look? We can’t wait to show you around. Proto’s apartments near Harvard are unlike any other.
- 10 Reasons to move to Proto’s brand-new Kendall Square apartments
- Cambridge by the numbers
- TimeOut Boston’s Kendall Square neighborhood guide